Visionworks is recruiting for an experienced, outgoing, friendly, and team oriented candidate to join our staff as an Optometric Tech (OD Tech). The OD Tech is responsible for scheduling appointments, verifying insurance coverage, maintaining accurate patient records, and assisting with preliminary testing under the Optometrist’s supervision. OD tech will also be charged with educating patients on lens insertion and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Ideal candidate will be able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals. This position has some similarities to a Dr. Assistant position: i.e. customer interaction, insurance verification, patient records, etc.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
· 1 year of related experience, optical preferred
· High School Diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent related job experience
· Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms
· Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
· Cross training in all departments as needed
· Able to work a varying schedule to include: days, nights, weekends and holidays
Visionworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.